California State Controller's seal
Betty T. Yee
California State Controller


Notice to Our Website Visitors - Due to server maintenance at our website host (the state’s Office of Technology Services), the Controller’s Unclaimed Property application will be unavailable for up to 1 hour, Tuesday, October 16, 2018, between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Pacific Time. The application will also undergo server maintenance and may be unavailable for up to 30 minutes, Friday, October 19, 2018, and Friday, October 26, 2018, between the hours of 6 p.m. and 1 a.m. Pacific Time. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we will update this message if this schedule changes. – The Controller’s Web Support Team

The State Controller's Office offers a system where you can check the status of an unclaimed property claim you’ve already submitted.

Your personal information will transmit through a secure connection (SSL).

The Unclaimed Property Claim Status database is continually updated. If your claim information does not appear in our system immediately, we have not processed it yet. Please allow approximately 30 days from the date you mailed your package for processing before checking the status of your claim.


To check the status of a claim you have submitted, please select one of the following two options to search by:

Claim ID Search Social Security Number Search

Enter your Claim ID number. Note: Claim ID numbers may be found directly under the barcode located at the top of the Claim Affirmation Form you printed when you created your claim. If you do not know your Claim ID number use the Social Security Number Search option to search for the status of your claim.


If you are experiencing technical difficulties using this site, there may be a problem with your internet browser. For more information click here

If you need further information please contact our Call Center between 8am and 5pm Pacific Standard Time. Monday through Friday, excluding state holidays, at (800) 992-4647 (Nationwide) or (916) 323-2827 (Outside of US), or you may contact them by email.